Aico Ei141RC Smoke Alarm Product Description
- Mains 230/240V AC Ionisation Smoke Alarm with 9V alkaline battery back up (included)
- Interconnectable with up to 20 other alarms, if one sounds all sound.
- Built in Test / Hush button. Memory function indicates if an alarm has been previously activated
- One person test feature. Low battery warning. Kitemarked to BS EN14604:2005
- Can be interconnected by hard wiring (cable) or used with Aico radio wireless bases
Further Information about the Aico Ei141RC
AICO Ei141RC Smoke Alarm Mains / Battery Back up (Ionisation)
The new RC model is compatible with the older non RC model.
This is a dual Ionisation Smoke Alarm that runs on 230V/240V AC mains power, and has a 9V PP3 Battery back-up capable of lasting up to 4 years in standby mode and capable of powering the alarm for up to 2 years without mains power. The Aico Ei141RC alarm is interconnectable with up to 19 other compatible Aico smoke or heat alarms to provide a high level of protection for your home.
The alarm gives a fire warning when adequate smoke enters the alarm. The alarm horn has a sound output of 85 decibels (average) at 3 metres.
The alarm is supplied with an Easi-fit base that allows very quick and simple installation of the smoke alarm, combined with simple alarm head removal and replacement. The Easi-fit base automatically connects both mains power and battery as the alarm slides on. No separate mounting base is required with this alarm.
The alarm has other advanced features such as built in circuitry to aid suppression of voltage transients and RF interference to further reduce the chances of false alarms under such conditions.
The green indicator will illuminate to show mains power is present
Features of the Aico Ei141RC Alarm
- Up to 20 alarms can be connected together so that if one alarm sounds all interconnected alarms sound. Up to 20 units from the same range (ionisation, optical or heat) can be interconnected in this way.
- The red indicator will flash every 40 seconds to show that the alarm has performed an automatic self test
- The red indicator will flash rapidly to show an alarm condition for the alarm that has triggered
- The Test/Hush button will either silence false alarms (if briefly pressed) or to perform a self test (if pressed and held)
- In Test mode the alarm will perform a self test and sound the horn
- In Hush mode the alarm enters a ten-minute period of reduced sensitivity to overcome false alarm conditions. It will then automatically reset itself
- When interconnected to other Ei mains powered alarms, an alarm on one unit will trigger all other interconnected alarms (only the triggered alarm will flash a red indicator)
- The alarm will emit a beep every 40 seconds to indicate that the battery back-up is running low and needs replacing.
The Aico Ei141RC alarm is manufactured in Ireland by one of the most respected names in this market.
The Smoke Alarm carries the BSI Kitemark to indicate type testing to BS EN14604: 2005. It will meet the requirements of Grade D (and exceed the requirements of Grades E and F) as defined in BS 5839: Pt.6: 2004. It carries the CE mark to indicate conformance to Low Voltage and Electromagnetic Compatibility Directives.
Aico Ei141RC Dimensions
140mm diameter x 43mm depth.
Do you need the matching Optical Smoke Alarm or Heat Alarm to go along with this item?
Ei146 (Optical Smoke Alarm) 160808730351
Ei144 (Heat Alarm) 160463659789
Explanation of Alarm Detector Types
Ionisation detectors are more responsive to flaming fires (e.g. Paper, Clothing) and are normally located between sleeping areas. Optical (sometimes called Photoelectric) detectors are more responsive to smouldering fires (e.g. Upholstery TV’s) and are recommended for use in the living areas like your lounge or immediately outside the door leading off of your lounge in the hall. Heat alarms are for use in areas where a smoke alarms would not be suitable (e.g. Garage, Kitchen or Boiler Room) and trigger when there is a build up of heat. Heat Alarms should not be used as the only method of protection.
Electraders only sell current stock. All of these types of alarms have a recommended 10 year lifespan. Our stock is new and is bought on a monthly basis. Be wary of buying out of date stock as you may have to replace it earlier.