National Ventilation 498 Condensation Trap NO Overflow 100 mm / 4 Inch
When a ventilation duct is installed in an unheated area, such as a cold loft space, condensation can form on the inside of the duct. This moisture can run down the duct and create a potential hazard, such as dripping onto the electrical connections of a fan or cooker hood. A condensation trap can be used to prevent this problem occurring.
The trap is simply connected to the system as part of the vertical duct run and an internal gutter within the trap collects the moisture which evaporates naturally. This reduces the chances of moisture entering a potentially hazardous area. This type of trap will only work if you have a reasonably low level of condensation. If you have a severe problem we would recommend using a trap with overflow or insulated ducting as a better solution.
- Recommended in both the Building Regulations and NHBC Standards
- Reduces chances of condensation falling back into ceiling mounted extractor fans
- Real advantages over using insulated hose
- Simple to install and handle
- Cost effective solution
- Specifically designed for ventilation applications